Hosted by the Better Practice Project (BPP) in South Australia, Being Curious is a series of presentations from local and national initiatives who are curious about enhancing the lives of diverse populations in the community. This series will engage the listener with projects that encourage more curiosity. Our hope is that in 2020 once your curiosity is sparked, it will kindle further action to engage with these projects, connect older people from your service to them or even ignite your own ventures.
This is an opportunity to find out more about grass roots ideas which aim to impact the lives of marginalised or vulnerable people by strengthening their capacities physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Presentations in the 2020 series include:
- Disability Royal Commission Counselling Service; Relationships Australia SA,
- Moving Towards Wellness through Self-Management; LEAP SA,
- Reframing Retirement; Mindset for Life,
- Opening Doors; Ageing 2.0 Adelaide,
- The Forgotten Australians Aged Care Project; RASA & Helping Hand,
- Engaging the workforce in integrated spiritual care; Meaningful Ageing Australia
- Physical Activity: Foundation to active ageing; Active Ageing Australia
- Insights into Better Consumer Engagement; The Plug=in (COTA SA),
Our role is to support the Aged & Disability Services sector in developing the capacity of people, and the workforce which assists them, to access their best lives. Our aim is to share information about innovative and diverse projects which are striving to enhance the experiences of people in the community.
These sessions will begin at 10am. Grab a coffee and join us in Being Curious.
These are FREE EVENTS for CHSP & Disability Workforce.
For further information on all sessions – go here.
For recordings of past episodes of the Being Curious Serious – go here.
Register here: https://www.agedservicesworkforce.com.au/events/list/
Contact Dana.Lavenant@acsa.asn.au for more information or if you have a project you would like to promote.