Listening and being curious and wide-eyed in the world, I think, is what allows us to move forward,
progress, evolve and learn and alter our behaviour and become more self-aware.
I think that listening is kind of what it’s all about.
~Andrew Zuckerman, Artist
Being Curious is a series of presentations from local & national initiatives who are demonstrating active ways of enhancing the lives of diverse populations in the community. This series will engage the listener with projects that will encourage them to get more curious about grass roots ideas which aim to impact the lives of marginalised or vulnerable people by strengthening their capacities physically, emotionally, mentally & spiritually.
The aim of the Webinar series is to share information about a range of topics and projects to spark curiosity to enhance the lives of older people. Our hope is these sessions will kindle deeper understanding and further engagement with these projects, connecting older people to empowering practices or even ignite new ventures and relationships. Join in to listen to one session or many.
Presentations in 2021 include:
Friday 19th February: Carers Understanding the Gateway; Carers SA
Thursday 11th March: Wellbeing in Ageing – Refining the Blend; Global Centre for Modern Ageing
Tuesday 8th April: Ageism is discrimination; Every AGE Counts Campaign
Tuesday 13th April: Let’s Talk & Reconnect; Relationships Australia NSW
Tuesday 11th May: Taking action to prevent abuse of older people; Aged Rights Advocacy Service
Friday 4th June: Multicultural diversity; Multicultural Aged Care (SA)
Wednesday 21st July: Real Care Second Time Around Co-designing improved aged care services for Forgotten Australians and Care Leavers; Helping Hand Aged Care
Friday 20th August: The Meaning of Home – Sally Mordike (Tas Research)
Join in from wherever you are around Australia to participate in these live interactive presentations.
These sessions will begin at 10am (ACDT) for 1hour.
Grab a coffee & join us in Being Curious.
These are FREE EVENTS for CHSP (SA & NSW)
to register for upcoming sessions – go here.
For recordings of the 2021 episodes of the Being Curious Series – go here.
For recordings of the 2020 episodes of the Being Curious Series – go here.
Sessions from 2020 included
- Disability Royal Commission Counselling Service; Relationships Australia SA
- Moving Towards Wellness through Self-Management; LEAP SA
- Reframing Retirement; Mindset for Life
- Opening Doors; Ageing 2.0 Adelaide
- The Forgotten Australians Aged Care Project; RASA & Helping Hand,
- Engaging the workforce in integrated spiritual care; Meaningful Ageing Australia
- Physical Activity: Foundation to active ageing; Active Ageing Australia
- Insights into Better Consumer Engagement; The Plug=in (COTA SA)
- The Little Things – Meaningful Ageing Australia
- The Wellbeing Lab – Michelle McQuaid Ltd
- Carers Understanding the Gateway – Carers SA National (2PM START)
- Supporting Emotional Wellbeing in Aged Care – RASA
- Research Report 6: Assessing views & preferences for quality of care- Caring Futures Institute
- Movement & Music – Daisie Chain
Contact: email@example.com for more information or to participate in this series in 2021.
This series is created on Kaurna Land.