- This event has passed.
Being Curious: The Wellbeing Lab
November 2, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree – $20
Being Curious is a series of presentations from local SA and national initiatives who are curious about enhancing the lives of diverse populations in the community. This series will engage the listener with projects that will encourage you to get more curious. Once your curiosity is sparked, it will kindle further action to engage with these projects, connect older people from your service to them or even ignite your own ventures.
This is an opportunity to find out more about grass roots ideas which aim to impact the lives of marginalised or vulnerable people by strengthening their capacities physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Monday 2 November: The Wellbeing Lab; Michelle McQuaid Ltd
How to Embrace Struggle
To struggle is human. If you are living a full life and have a pulse, it’s almost impossible to avoid experiencing struggle. Add in a global pandemic and most of the planet is experiencing struggles on a daily basis.
How we think about and react to the inevitable human struggles, challenges and discomfort we all face has a profound impact on the extent to which we are able to feel good and do well each minute, hour, day, week and year of our lives.
The reality is there is no avoiding struggle, so in this session we’ll help you to understand how to struggle better – by understanding the value of struggle, how to proactively spot signs of struggle, confidently step into your struggles and get better outcomes when you do.
Outcomes of session:
- Discover how you can thrive in the midst of struggle
- Improve workforce wellbeing using the PERMAH Workplace Survey. It was created to help you set, measure and celebrate your wellbeing goals.
- Gain insight and access to interviews with the world’s leading positive psychology researchers and practitioners plus free cheat sheets to make their insights easy to apply in workplaces.
- Investigate The Wellbeing Lab 2020 – State of Wellbeing in Australian Workplaces Report results and other useful resources
Workplaces, employees, community members
Future presentations in the 2020 series include:
- Wednesday 18th November: Carers Understanding the Gateway; Carers SA National
- Thursday 26th November: Supporting Emotional Wellbeing in Aged Care; RASA
- Friday 11th December: Research Report 6: Assessing views and preferences for quality of care; Caring Futures Institute
- Thursday 17th December: Movement & Music; Daisie Chain
These sessions will begin at 10am (Adelaide time). Grab a coffee and join us in Being Curious!
Registered participants will receive the Zoom link 1-2 days prior to the event.
** Note: That this session commences at 10.00 am Adelaide time