Clinical Investigations the fundamental steps
February 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$140 – $155
This program is designed to provide members with an understanding of the requirements of the New Serious Incident Response Scheme and how to manage a clinical investigation. The presentation also covers the requirements and considerations for open disclosure and supporting those affected by a serious incident, including staff.
- Understand the general requirements of the new Serious Incident Response Scheme including the definition of a serious incident for mandatory reporting.
- Understand the steps to take when responding and managing a serious incident including clinical review and investigation.
- How to manage a clinical investigation for a serious incident event – Root Cause Analysis.
- Managing and supporting staff through a clinical investigation.
- The requirements of open disclosure and the support required for families following an incident.
- Broadly understand the application of Whistleblower protections how it applies to your organisation.
- Requirements for implementing and maintaining an incident management system.
Target Group: Nurses, Clinical Nurse Managers and Management