Critical Reasoning and Clear Thinking
October 19 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$210.00 – $255.00
All employees face inevitable workplace challenges, questions and decisions that require clear thinking and problem-solving strategies. We do not always pay attention to whether we are reasoning well so it helps to be reminded how to think in a more clear-headed and critical way, recognise unstated assumptions and bias, appraise and evaluate evidence, and communicate with greater clarity and confidence. Critical thinking keeps us open to the possibility that we are mistaken, so we don’t allow blind emotion or unconscious bias to cloud our thought. This workshop will provide some simple frameworks to help you analyse information and consider any gaps or limitations so you can present well-developed reasons for your beliefs and conclusions as well as respond more effectively to questions or criticism.
- Improve your skills for reasoning, evaluation, communication and persuasion
- Question the status quo and create better workplace strategies and processes
- Quickly recognise what a problem is actually asking of you
- Feel more confident about how you process information and make decisions
- Identify misleading gaps or incomplete information and lessen their effects
- Recognise bias or assumptions that may distort your perspective
- Respond more effectively when faced with conflicting information
- Think more clearly and provide appropriate guidance for team success
- Make more timely and reasoned decisions for improved service delivery
Target Audience: This training is suitable for everyone; however, it would particularly benefit those in leadership, managerial and/or supervisory roles, who are required to make informed and critical workplace decisions and who may be accountable, in their roles, for quality and safe care outcomes.