- This event has passed.
Dignity of Risk within a Regional Remote & Rural Aged Care Setting
October 27, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree – $165
Due to unforeseen circumstances this session has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Please submit any enquiries to https://www.agedservicesworkforce.com.au/enquiries/
This workshop is designed for Aged Care providers delivering services to Indigenous people in original Remote and Rural area.
The aim is to understand what does ‘Dignity of risk’ mean and how does this concept fit into delivery of our Aged Care Services within a Regional Remote and Rural setting. How do we balance the concept of affording a person the right (or dignity) to take reasonable risks without negatively impacting upon overall quality of life? We also look at organisational risk mitigation.
- Definitions of dignity, risk, and dignity of risk
- Aged Care Quality Standards -Standard One
- Knowing the difference between dignity of risk and duty of care
- Frameworks for mitigating risk and supporting choice and control
- Defining reasonable risk
- Informed choice
- Capacity – Advanced Care Yarning
- Case Study – driving with dementia, is it possible?
- Managing conflict to support win / win outcomes
- Risk management framework
- To understand the difference between Dignity of Risk and Duty of Care
- To understand the Aged Care Quality Standards – Standard One
- To understand the Framework for Risk Mitigation
- To understanding the Importance of Advanced Care Yarning
- How To Achieve a win/win outcome during times of conflict
Registered participants will receive the Zoom link 1-2 days prior to the event.
** Note: That the scheduled time is in AEDT (Syndey, Melbourne, Hobart)