- This event has passed.
Dispute Handling and Managing Conflicts to Resolution
June 23 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$250 – $280
Due to unforeseen circumstance this session has been cancelled
If you are interested in this session please enquire here
The workshop combines theory and best practice frameworks and practical approaches. During the two hours, it will look at how to avoid conflict and then how to manage it to resolution should it occur. A positive approach is taken to how conflict can also be turned into positive outcomes and change. Activities and learning polls occur throughout the session to support self-reflection and reinforce the new information being presented.
Participants will have workbook that they will be required to download prior to the workshops to successfully participate and will also require access to a computer with a video camera and reasonable internet access to participate in group activities and live discussions.
- Understanding what conflict is and different types of conflict
- Identifying the importance of clear information to avoid disputes down the track
- Understanding the stages of conflict and when intervention is necessary
- Discover practical strategies for dealing with unhappy customers
- The role of active listening, empathetic and body language
- Understand different conflict management styles and when they should be used
- Identify the essential personal skills required to manage conflict effectively
- Understand the process of mediation
- Understand the important elements of reaching agreement
- Attributes for staff involved in customer service, handling complaints and disputes
Target Audience: This workshop is aimed at people in aged care who have direct contact with clients/residents to middle managers, new mangers, complaints coordinators and people who want to refresh their understanding of contemporary dispute management