- This event has passed.
Clinical Governance – Getting from Here to there.
April 26, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - May 10, 2022 @ 3:00 pm$210.00 – $350.00
Session Dates: 26 April & 10 May 2022 – 1pm-3pm AEST
The purpose of a clinical governance is to provide structure and direction in the provision of safe high-quality care and delivery of services. Aged Care Quality Standard 8 requires the development of a clinical governance framework. In this workshop series we operationalise clinical governance using the core elements defined by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission that is simple, understandable, and practical.
Delivered across two sessions, the ACSA Clinical Governance workshops gives your organisation the opportunity to develop and implement key elements to ensure effective clinical governance in your existing systems.
Session 1 –
- Explores the core elements of a clinical governance framework and how to establish it.
- Key areas include – clinical care, National Aged Care Quality Indicator Program, incident management, engagement/complaints/feedback, compliance audits.
Session 2 –
- Discusses how to build and implement a Just culture into workforce capability from policy to practice.
- Explores no-blame reporting and speaking up for safety
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand what is, and how to establish a clinical governance framework
- Understand how to address the Aged Care Quality Standards and Clinical Governance requirements using an effective Quality & Risk Management System.
- Understand the concept of a Just culture
- Learn how to lead a Just culture and establish a culture of care and resilient workforce.
Target audience: Executives and Managers from CHSP, Home and Residential Aged Care Providers with responsibilities for:
- Compliance to Quality standards
- Clinical Governance
- Clinical Care
Disclaimer: CHSP Ticket price subsided by SA and NSW Sector Support and Development (SSD) funded by the Australian Department of Health. Although funding for this session has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government
Please note: Registration is for all sessions