November 10, 2021 - November 24, 2021 $210.00 – $350.00
If you are interested in this session another session has been scheduled for 2022 - click here to find out more
Session Dates: 10, 18 & 24 November 2021 - 1pm-3pm AEDT
Effective governance is the key to improving the performance of any business. In the Aged Services sector, effective clinical governance supports safe and high-quality care. The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Clinical Governance Framework has been developed to guide organisations to provide safe and quality care for the older person.
The series will provide an overview of what clinical governance is, key pillars to support a robust clinical governance framework including roles and responsibilities from operations to Board. The series will then explore the importance of monitoring and evaluation and quality and risk management systems. To close the series the importance of clinical leadership, clinical oversight, and developing workforce capability in implementing systems and processes to strengthen clinical governance and implementing for quality and safe care.
Workshop Series Schedule:
Learning outcomes include:
- Workshop 1: Clinical Governance Overview
- Workshop 2: Effective Quality and Risk Management Systems for Effective Clinical Governance
- Workshop 3: Clinical Leadership and Workforce Capability
- Gain an understanding of Clinical Governance Frameworks and the systems and processes that are required to ensure safe and quality care delivery.
- Gain insight into how effective Clinical Governance Frameworks can inform continuous organisational improvement
- Receive practical insights, tools, and strategies to strengthen your clinical governance framework
- Learn how to use surveillance and monitoring tools to ensure safe and quality care as part of your organisation’s Clinical Governance Framework
- Gain an understanding of how clinical leadership and workforce capability supports an effective CGF
- Understanding the importance of transparent and accurate reporting from operations to Board, and the benefits of effective clinical governance committees
- Reflect on the benefits of effective clinical governance through practical case studies
The workshops are designed for front-line leaders of organisations delivering services including CHSP, Home Care, and Residential Care, who are responsible for quality, compliance, clinical governance, clinical oversight and business operations.