- This event has passed.
Keeping Connected – the impact of loneliness
September 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$20 – $145
Concepts & issues of loneliness, community belonging & building capacity will be investigated in this interactive space to provide opportunities for you to explore how you can work with people experiencing loneliness.
On completion of this workshop learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of natural relationships and community connections
- Have a greater understanding of the complex dimensions of loneliness
- Apply knowledge about addressing loneliness with older people
- Describe the benefits of community participation to reduce the experience of loneliness
- Strengthen reablement strategies in working with older people to facilitate community connections
This workshop was developed around the findings from ‘Alone in a Crowd’ research undertaken by Mandy Stanley, from the University of South Australia. The research challenges stereotypical concepts associated with old age and points to the significant health risks facing older people who live with loneliness in old age.
Target Audience: Team Leaders, Support Workers and Volunteers
Session time in your region
9.30 – 11.30 am ACST time
10.00 – 12.00 am AEST time
8.00 – 10.00 am AWST time
Participants will be sent the zoom link prior to the event