- This event has passed.
Manage People Performance (Devonport)
March 11 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$220
Chris has been working in education, management and leadership for 16 years. He is the director of GlobalNet Academy (RTO: 60058) specialising in Leadership and Management training; and GlobalNet ICT, an Information Technology, Systems Analysis and Management company in Hobart. Chris has worked closely with the Aged Care Sector for the last 6 years. With qualifications background in Law, Commerce and Management, Chris specialises in Financial Risk Management, Project Management, Information Technology and customer service. Chris has postgraduate qualifications in Management. Chris regularly provides consulting services in the areas of policy development, financial and risk management, information technology and systems analysis. This enables him to maintain currency with industry. He is a founding member of the Tasmanian Vocational Education and Training Network and is actively involved in promoting the currency of VET skills.
- Worked closely with many of the Aged Services Sector organisations over last 6 years in leadership, management and information technology
- 16 years as a Director of GlobalNet ICT – consulting in strategy, management, leadership and technology
- On the board of Tasmanian VET Network
- Bachelor of Laws (UTAS)
- Bachelor of Commerce – Majors in Management and Finance (UTAS)
- Graduate Certificate in Management (Learning)
- Diploma of Management (BSB51107)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (TAELLN411)
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” Michael Jordan
About this workshop
This workshop looks at what it means to be an effective team leader. We will discuss a range of skills and knowledge that will help managers lead their teams to get the best out of them whilst respecting the individuality of team members. The workshop will focus on communication and leadership techniques that facilitate team cohesion, the development of policies and procedures surrounding individual and team accountability, the development of key performance indicators and feedback loops.