Managing Complaints for Retirement Village Operators in NSW
October 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$125 – $250
These two workshops explore changes to the Retirement Villages Regulation in NSW that impact on complaint management and dispute handling for retirement village managers and operators. The workshops combine theory and best practice frameworks with a practical approach to reviewing real cases with peers.
Workshop 1: Managing Complaints
- Introduction to the psychology of complaining
- What has led to the development of the Retirement Villages Regulation 2017
- Overview of the Standards of Conduct for Retirement Village Operators
- Complaint handling and internal dispute resolution schemes and requirements
- Overview of best practice complaint handling processes and practices
- How to manage informal and formal complaints
- Understand the requirements and attributes of staff who respond to and manage complaints
- Understand the requirements for documentation and record keeping
- Using investigations, outcomes and trends from complaints to continuously improve
- Practicing open disclosure in responding to and investigating complaints
- Overview of the requirements for staff supervision, training and development
Workshop 2: Dispute Handling and Managing Conflicts to resolution https://www.agedservicesworkforce.com.au/event/dispute-handling-and-managing-conflicts-to-resolution-2/
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality and the requirements under Privacy Legislation in Australia
- Introduction of a framework to help address conflicts
- A deeper dive into some real case studies and a review of how they were handled
- Disputes between Resident and Village Management
- Disputes between Resident and Resident
- Disputes between all Residents and Village Management
- Understand some basic mediation techniques to assist with resolving conflict
- Managing conflict with parties external to the organisation
- Tips and tricks to maintaining professionalism under pressure
- De-briefing and self-care strategies to ensure you don’t burn out!
- Time for review and discussion about both of todays sessions.
Do one or both!!
Registered participants will receive the Zoom link 1-2 days prior to the event.
** Note: That the scheduled time is in AEDT (Syndey, Melbourne, Hobart)