June 9, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm $250.00 – $280.00
Due to unforeseen circumstance this session has been cancelled
If you are interested in this session please enquire here
This workshop explore the technics and attitudes required to manage complaints successfully. During the webinar the content also makes links to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Standards as well as the Open discloser guidelines. The workshop combine theory and best practice frameworks with a practical approach.
Participants will have workbook that they will be required to download prior to the workshops to successfully participate and will also require access to a computer with a video camera and reasonable internet access to participate in group activities and live discussions.
Target Audience: This workshop is aimed at staff (and volunteers) who have direct contact with clients/residents to middle managers, complaints coordinators and people who want to refresh their understanding of contemporary complaints handing.
- Introduction to the psychology of complaining
- How does a complaints process relate to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Standards and the Open Discloser guidelines.
- Complaint handling and internal dispute resolution schemes and requirements
- Overview of best practice complaint handling processes and practices
- How to manage informal and formal complaints
- Understand the requirements and attributes of staff who respond to and manage complaints
- Understand the requirements for documentation and record keeping
- Using investigations, outcomes and trends from complaints to continuously improve
- Overview of the requirements for staff supervision, training and development
- Explore why people complain and the types of complainers
- Building a positive organisational complaints culture