- This event has passed.
Mental Health Awareness & the Older Person: Helping Older People Who Hoard
April 6 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$30.00 – $120.00
Sessions Date & Time: Wednesday 6 April from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (Adelaide)
An introductory workshop designed for Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) workers who have a supportive working relationship with older people in their home and who come in contact with clutter and hoarding in the course of a working day. The workshop will provide an understanding of hoarding, and the skills and confidence for CHSP workers to provide support to the older client.
- Raising awareness of hoarding
- Understand why people hoard
- The psychology behind hoarding and clutter, triggers, signposts, dangers, risk and harm minimisation
- Establishing and maintaining positive and productive relationships
- Confidence to support the older client to address the issue in their home
- Exploring funding options, finding resources and services
Target Audience: CHSP Aged Care – Personal Care workers, Supervisors, Team Leaders & Practitioners.
Location: The Junction ‘The Stable Room’ 470 Anzac Highway Camden Park SA 5038