- This event has passed.
CANCELLED ….Older Person Mental Health First Aid (OPMHFA) Course
November 10, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - December 1, 2022 @ 4:00 pm$75.00 – $150.00
Sessions Dates & Times: 10, 17, 24 November & 1 December from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm each day (Adelaide)
Please Note: Registration is for all 4 session dates and as per Mental Health First Aid Australia requirements, delegates must attend all four training sessions to achieve accreditation.
The Older Person Mental Health First Aid course is designed to support aged care providers and their workforce delivering the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). Based on guidelines developed through the expert consensus of people with lived experience of mental health challenges and professionals, participants will learn how to assist care recipients over 65+ years of age who may be experiencing a mental health issue or mental health crisis. Mental Health First Aid intervention supports the older person, until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves, through the application of a practical, evidence-based action plan.
- Recognise common mental health problems in older people
- Provide initial help using a practical, evidence based action plan
- Seek appropriate professional help and respond in a crisis situation
- Improves knowledge of mental illnesses, treatments and first aid actions
- Increases confidence in providing first aid
- Decreases stigmatising attitudes
- Increases the support provided to others
Target Audience: Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) staff, including personal care workers, team leaders, supervises, coordinators.
Catering: Afternoon tea will be provided.
Parking: Free car parking is available.