- This event has passed.
Personalised services and ‘the customer’: fit or fiction?
October 16 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmFree – $120.00
Personalisation: if it’s not the same as 1:1 or ‘the person at the centre’, then what is it?
All of us, when we receive a service, hope that it is a personalised service, whether it is a haircut, a tax assessment, or a renovation. The workshop looks at what happens in the lives of older people and people with disabilities and helps us imagine optimal ‘person centred’ relationships and arrangements. It will also provide a critique of common understandings and myths about ‘person centred’ like that it is the same as ‘one to one’, ‘the person at the centre’ and ‘customer journeys’. It will give helpful strategies to those who are responsible for service arrangements like Coordinators and who wish to provide more personalised services and leave us with ideas for ‘first steps’.
– identify the features of ‘personalised service’
– explore the strengths/limits of assessments and other ways of ‘knowing’ the person
– examine the dilemmas in the worker: person relationship
– confront threats to person centred work
– explore ways to safeguard a collaborative and person centred culture during times of competition and corporatisation