- This event has passed.
Residential Aged Care Funding (Perth)
December 3, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$370 – $430
Aged Care Sector overview
- Financial year overview
- Forty year forward estimates to 2054-55
- Government response to aged care funding
- Industry benchmarks
Home Care brief overview
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme and Home Care Packages.
- Commonwealth funding and recipients’ contribution
Residential Care overview
Respite Care – government subsidies and residents’ contributions
Permanent Care – low means (concessional – supported) residents.
- Assessment of low means residents
- Government subsidies and residents’ contribution – on entry and in future
- Understanding RACs and DACs – strategies for residents, tips and traps for facility managers
Permanent Care – market paying residents.
- Understanding RADs, DAPs, basic daily care fee. means tested care fees & extra service or additional service fees.
- Calculation of the means tested care fee and understanding quarterly adjustments
- Rules and regulations
- How residents’ fees are assessed
- Tips and traps for facility managers
- Timing lodgements of the SA457 (Centrelink Combined Assets and Income Assessment Form) – case studies illustrating different lodgement timing scenarios
- ACFI funding
Unfunded Residential Care
- Opportunities to provide non – government subsidised care
- Current participants
The Family Home Assessment
- How it is assessed for aged care fees and age pension entitlements
- At date of entry and at future points in time
Centrelink/DVA Facts and Figures
- Assessable asset and income thresholds
- Full age pension & pension cut-offs
- Tips for increasing pension entitlements & the interaction with aged care
- Eligibility for the Commonwealth Seniors Healthcare Card
Tips & Traps for facility manager and client liaison staff
- Issues to be aware when considering a resident’s application
- Facility tours – how to increase your conversion rate from visitors to permanent residents