- This event has passed.
The Art of Management in Aged and Community Services
September 5, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$184.00 – $305.00
This workshop introduces essential practices for managers newly promoted within or recently recruited to aged and community services contexts. The aim is to help you better understand how to align your management practices with the often complex and dynamic needs unique to working in aged and community services. The workshop highlights basic management skills and strategies for effective business planning and execution, as well as important skills for relating to others, how to grow effective teams and foster a learning culture. You will learn how to balance the drive for performance and outcomes with the needs and capabilities of a diverse and interdependent workforce.
- Manage yourself and others with greater confidence
- Improve communication and relationship-building
- Be an agent for positive change and improvement
- Manage up, down and sideways more effectively
- Align daily priorities and actions with key organisational goals and aspirations
- Think more clearly and provide the right guidance for team success
- Foster trust and a positive workplace culture for better service delivery
Target Audience: Staff newly promoted to management roles as well as managers newly recruited to aged and community services organisations from other business sectors.
Disclaimer: CHSP Ticket price subsided by SA and NSW Sector Support and Development (SSD) funded by the Australian Department of Health. Although funding for this session has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government