August 1 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree – $100
This event is free of charge for CHSP Providers
Developed with the CHSP Good Practice Guide and latest updates
The Commonwealth Home Support Program promotes independence through physical and emotional wellbeing, social participation and access to the community. This is the wellness approach and it is key to the changes required of home support providers, workers and volunteers.
This informative and engaging workshop will take participants through a range of activities and small group discussions to explore:
– Ageing in today’s society
– A wellness approach in the delivery of services
– Models of care: Wellness, Active Ageing & Re-ablement
– What are the Commonwealth and Services are trying to change?
– Strategies for workers to use the current approaches
Ideally suited for volunteers and support workers who are developing their work approach and language to focus on wellness outcomes for the older person.