Workplace Buddying Using A Coaching Approach
June 7 @ 2:00 pm - June 21 @ 3:30 pm$155.00 – $180.00
Session Dates: 7 June 2022 & 21 June 2022- 2pm-3.30pm AEST
Workplace Buddying Using a Coaching Approach is designed to empower staff who are assigned a ‘buddy role’ in their workplace.
Delivered over two workshops, it explores the expectations of the ‘buddy’ role and guides participants on the practical skills and knowledge required to develop an effective and productive buddying relationship.
Topic covered in the workshops include:
- Effective Coaching Relationships
- Qualities of an Effective Buddy
- A Coaching Approach to Communication
- Giving Effective Workplace Instructions
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Giving Feedback to new staff
- Sharing Feedback with your Mentors
Participants of previous sessions reflected greater understanding and more confidence in their role as a ‘buddy’ citing the workshops offered a balance between theory and practice and provided them the skills and knowledge to apply in their workplace.
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and boundaries of being a workplace ‘buddy’
- Recognise how individual learning style preferences can be utilised to advance knowledge and develop confidence in task applications
- Understand how effective communication can build relationships of trust and respect
- Increase your ability to manage difficult situations with confidence, clarity and calmness
- Develop strategies to deal with the expression of difficult emotions in others
Target Audience: The two workshop delivery is ideal for front line workers, Registered Nurses, and/or Endorsed Enrolled Nurses, that either buddy up and/or assist new employees and/or trainees or those required to manage buddying relationships.