August 19 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$20 – $155
The Aged Services Sector uses the “Buddy System” as an integral part of its employment process for new employees, a workplace trainee, or a student on work placement.
An effective and confident workplace coach / buddy can provide new employees and students with a beneficial and productive learning experience leading to a positive outcome for the individual, the buddy, and the organisation.
This training program covers the skills and knowledge required by coaches and buddies to engage in an effective buddy relationship with new employees and students.
Held over 2 x 2 hour Zoom sessions, this training program will provide participants with the practical skills, knowledge, and tools they can bring back to the workplace to assist them in their roles as buddies and workplace coaches.
- What is workplace coaching?
- Building Effective coaching relationships
- The workplace as a learning environment
- Building trust and confidence
- Identifying learning styles
- Providing workplace instruction
- Breaking down a task into steps
- Share and report back workplace coaching and buddying experiences
- Providing feedback
- Using communication and interpersonal skills in the Buddy relationship
- Monitoring the progress of trainee or student
This is a non-accredited training program.
Session 1: Wednesday, 19 August 2020, 10.00 am – 12.00 noon (AEST)
Session 2: Wednesday, 2 September 2020, 10.00 am – 12.00 noon (AEST)
** Note that registration covers both sessions
Please direct enquiries to email@example.com