Overview of Webinars:
Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA) in partnership with Mental Health & Wellbeing Training solutions has developed a series of 1 and/or 1.5 hour non-clinical webinars specifically relating to the mental health of older people receiving Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) services in their home. The webinars will focus on raising awareness and providing education and training in understanding a variety of mental health conditions being experienced by older people and the impact these conditions may have on care and service delivery in the older person’s home.
Webinar participants will be informed about how to support, respond and communicate with clients in distress. There will be opportunity for participants to ask questions and discuss experiences through the webinar ‘chat’ facility.
This series of webinars provides information on:
- October 22: The Older Person & Grief, Loss, Fear & Social Isolation – The Impact on Service Delivery
- October 28-29: A Series dealing with Depression
- November 4-5: A Series dealing with Anxiety
- November 12-25: A Series dealing with Psychotic Disorders
- December 15: Responding to Challenging Behaviours in Older People
Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) team leaders/supervisors/coordinators, aged care workers and volunteers are encouraged to register.
For the series flyer – go here
Register here: https://www.agedservicesworkforce.com.au/events/list/
For further information on these sessions please contact Rosie Mangan at email@example.com