Overview of Webinars:
Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA) in partnership with Mental Health & Wellbeing Training solutions has developed a series of 1.5 hour non-clinical webinars specifically relating to the mental health of older people receiving Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) services in their home. The webinars will focus on raising awareness and providing education and training in understanding a variety of mental health conditions being experienced by older people and the impact these conditions may have on care and service delivery in the older person’s home.
Webinar participants will be informed about how to support, respond and communicate with clients in distress. There will be opportunity for participants to ask questions and discuss experiences through the webinar ‘chat’ facility.
This series of webinars provides information on:
- 9 February 2022: Why older people experience challenging behaviours and helpful strategies to respond
- 23 February 2022: Why older people experience grief and loss and helpful strategies to respond
- 23 March 2022: Why older people experience hoarding, collecting and clutter and helpful strategies to respond
- 30 March 2022: Why older people experience depression and anxiety and helpful strategies to respond
- 4 May 2022: Understanding Psychosis through the older person’s lived experience
- 25 May 2022: Understanding the importance of self-care and helpful strategies for aged care workers
- 22 June 2022: Trauma in older people: an introduction to the underlying principles of trauma informed care
Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) personal aged care workers, team leaders, supervisors and CHSP volunteers.
Register here: https://www.agedservicesworkforce.com.au/events/list/
For further information on these sessions please contact Rosie Mangan at firstname.lastname@example.org