Training Program Library
A discussion around loss & grief
Program Short Description
The aim of this session is to concentrate on developing our capacity to recognise and respond appropriately to our feelings of loss and grief in our role in aged care. Active participation will be encouraged, but not essential.
Together we will foster a safe, non-judgemental space to share your thoughts and feelings, challenges and changes in the sector, negative and positive experiences, coping skills and strategies.
Your insights and expertise in the sector will help to inform the discussion around:
- Loss and grief (does our role make us more vulnerable?)
- Boundaries and limitations
- Risk factors and reactions to loss and grief
- Self-awareness and self care strategies
- We will be actively pursuing suggestions on how to create a positive workplace environment to support staff in managing loss and grief. (What works for you and or Organisation)
- A better understanding of the experiences, risks and impacts associated with loss and grief in the workplace.
- Strategies for maintaining physical and emotional well-being
- How to create and maintain a positive workplace environment to support staff in managing loss and grief.
- The confidence to start a ‘conversation’
- Surviving and thriving