Clinical Investigations the fundamental steps
Program Short Description
This program is designed to provide members with an understanding of the requirements of the New Serious Incident Response Scheme and how to manage a clinical investigation.
This program is designed to provide members with an understanding of the requirements of the New Serious Incident Response Scheme and how to manage a clinical investigation. The presentation also covers the requirements and considerations for open disclosure and supporting those affected by a serious incident, including staff.
- Understand the general requirements of the new Serious Incident Response Scheme including the definition of a serious incident for mandatory reporting.
- Understand the steps to take when responding and managing a serious incident including clinical review and investigation.
- How to manage a clinical investigation for a serious incident event – Root Cause Analysis.
- Managing and supporting staff through a clinical investigation.
- The requirements of open disclosure and the support required for families following an incident.
- Broadly understand the application of Whistleblower protections how it applies to your organisation.
- Requirements for implementing and maintaining an incident management system.
Target Group: Nurses, Clinical Nurse Managers and Management