- This event has passed.
Helping Older People Who Hoard
August 9, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am$30.00 – $100.00
A introductory webinar designed for Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) workers who have a supportive working relationship with older people in their home and who come in contact with clutter and hoarding in the course of a working day. The webinar will provide an understanding of hoarding, skills and confidence to provide support to the older client for CHSP workers.
- Raising awareness of hoarding
- Understand why people hoard
- The psychology behind hoarding and clutter, triggers, signposts, dangers, risk and harm minimisation
- Establishing and maintaining positive and productive relationships
- Confidence to support the older client to address the issue in their home
- Exploring funding options, finding resources and services.
Target Audience: CHSP Aged Care – Personal Care workers, Supervisors, Team Leaders & Practitioners
Disclaimer: CHSP Ticket price subsided by SA and NSW Sector Support and Development (SSD) funded by the Australian Department of Health. Although funding for this session has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government